Miércoles, 30 de Enero de 2013 08:25
El Departamento de Lenguas y Culturas Europeas de la Lancaster University busca nombrar a un Profesor/a titular de Filología Española, con un interés especial en la cultura e historia de la España ibérica.
You are expected to have an outstanding research record in Spanish Studies with sustained experience of obtaining external funding, to have excellent teaching abilities at both UG and PG levels and relevant administrative skills. You will hold a PhD and will have an interest in Comparative Cultural Studies, Cultural Theory and/or Cultural History.
Native or near-native ability in all aspects of Spanish language is crucial to this post and knowledge of a European language and culture other than English and Spanish is desirable.
- Contribute to the development of the Department through the generation of research, teaching and scholarship of international excellence;
- Direct and develop a personal research programme leading to publications in key international peerreviewed academic journals and to other appropriate forms of research output;
- Lead or participate in research teams or other collaborative research initiatives, departmental and/or inter-departmental;
- Identify opportunities and apply for grants for new research projects, individual and/or collaborative;
- Play a leading role in the teaching of the Department’s existing undergraduate courses in Spanish Studies in areas appropriate to the appointee’s research expertise and wider scholarship;
- Play a leading role in developing new courses or modules, individually and/or consortially taught, and participate in ongoing development of aspects of course structure, delivery, assessment, etc;
- Play a leading role in the Department’s academic and pastoral care of its students and to the enhancement of their learning, personal development and achievement;
- Supervise dissertations and PhD theses;
- Participate in the Department’s various outreach activities including Open Days etc;
- Assume various administrative tasks and responsibilities as requested by the Head of Department;
- Communicate effectively with students and colleagues, using face-to-face, telephone, written and electronic communication (including email and VLE) modes as appropriate;
- Provide cover for colleagues on sabbatical where necessary;
- Undertake other duties as required by the Head of Department or Dean of the Faculty.
Fecha final de inscripción: 7 de Febrero de 2013
Si te interesa esta oportunidad, rellena la solicitud en el siguiente ENLACE.
Si tienes alguna duda, puedes dirigirte al Dr. Robert Crawshaw, Jefe del Departamento, al correo electrónico: